WSBK 2013 Silly Season
Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:54 PM
Aoyama is on his way out from Honda. They want someone stronger to team with Rea now that a GP slot is highly unlikely for Johnny. Word is Nicky Hayden has had an offer from two teams in WSBK, one being the Ducati team currently running Checa and Giugliano.
Loris Baz is being considered for a 2013 ride by Kawasaki as a full team rider.
Biaggi is considering another year on his contract with Aprilia.
Randy DePuniet is coming up in dispatches as a possible new signing for the series as the likelihood is he won't get anything other than a CRT again in GP.
Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:34 PM
Biaggi just notified Aprilia he doesn't want to wait any longer for them to come up with an offer...
It's not a given he'll be staying...
I'd miss him. He gives me someone to root against.
Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:28 PM
(assuming that any of it is true)
Edited by Gary, 30 June 2012 - 01:29 PM.
Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:59 AM
Regarding Laverty, I read that from Vazy on 'banzai a week ago or so. I'd love to have a more complete understanding of that one.
I would like to know about this alleged situation with Aprilia and Laverty, too. I need ammo against the Biaggi talibans...
Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:02 AM
He does not seem to blame Biaggi but it does all look a little shady.
Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:48 AM
1. Yamaha pull out of WSB, Eugene is on the riders market for '12
2. Aprilia want to sign Eugene, a multiple time WSB winner and WSS champion
3. Max gets word (or is told - if his contract stipulates he has a decision in who his team mate is)
4. Max is not happy. He tells Aprilia he isnt happy
5. Image wise, it wouldnt be good to have anyone just plump themselves on the Aprilia and win the title first time around beating their established Italian hero in the process.
6. Image wise, it wouldnt be good to have Aprilia's long standing number 1 rider badmouthing them
7. Aprilia and Max reach a deal - Aprilia sign Laverty, in turn Eugene has "electronical issues" until the time that he cannot mathmatically beat Max in the championship race
8. Eugene and his side of the garage amazingly enough find the resolution to the electronical issues.
9. Fuck me, the same week Eugene finds a fix to his issues they arrive at Aragon, EL fights for wins and the other high profile Aprilia rider Chaz Davies gets his first podium
Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:33 AM
Whispers are that Leon Haslam won't be at BMW next year, not on the official team anyway.
There could be a chance Rea could be moving on. Honda could be looking for two riders. BMW and Kawasaki are interested.
ParkinGo team could be going with two bikes from next season.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users